Friday, September 6, 2013

New Zealand

For the last month I've been in New Zealand, training, competing and exploring what this beautiful country has to offer. 

I competed in the NZ Winter Games/World Cup where I placed 27th. I wasn't able to put down the run exactly how I had planned, but was happy to finish second highest Australian which helps with my ranking for the Olympics. 

We've had our fair share of bad weather days up the hill but luckily it's usually always nice back in town. On days off snow I've been doing plenty of hiking and mountain biking whilst taking in some awe inspiring views.

I'm looking forward to heading home in a few days to surf and watch Geelong in the AFL finals. Until next time, hari mai!

Beautiful sight from the top at Cardrona


Fins out in the mini pipe

Standing right in front of the pipe in another NZ cloud

 Mt Iron hike with my Kiwi friends

Sticky Forest mountain bike track

Stunning drive not far from Wanaka 

 With some lovely ladies of halfpipe

Jiayu Lu from China going bigger than the guys

Clutha River standing wave. Definitely need a wetsuit to surf here

No comments:

Post a Comment