Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Deep Down Under

I'm so happy to be back in New Zealand. I've been here a week and a half now, its been great fun snowboarding and catching up with my friends in the beautiful town of Wanaka. We've had a mixture of weather but the last few days have been sunny, warm and spring like.

The pipe has been really good at Cardrona. My first week was quite tiring as we were waking up at 6am to be on snow at 7:30 everyday! The pipe has been closing at 11:30 each morning to prevent it from getting ruined when it gets soft. Despite training being over before lunch we still get plenty of runs in because there is a poma right beside the pipe.

Finishing early every day has left us with plenty of time for activities in the afternoon. Here are some photos of what I've been up to.

Lake Wanaka view from my friends apartment
Rose standing in front of the pipe. Can't see it? We couldn't either. Whiteout!
Wanaka from above on a Mt Iron hike
Icing our legs in the lake after riding
Practicing my sky diving technique
More tramp fun with Rose

Afternoon cruising with Rose

Playground at Snow Park
Cardrona Pipe :)
All smiles at pipe training with Bex
Rose and Dara getting weird

No comments:

Post a Comment