Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Made it to Sochi!

I have arrived! I flew into Sochi late Sunday night and was welcomed by Team Australia at the airport, then driven up to the Mountain Village at Rosa Khutor. Waiting in my room was a suitcase, a box and a wardrobe full of Australian uniform. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning and was up until the wee hours looking through all my new gear.

I've spent the last two days acclimatising and exploring the extensive Athletes Village. Today we checked out the gigantic Slopestyle course and took the gondola all the way to the top of the mountain where the views are nothing short of spectacular. 

I wanted to say thanks again to my friends for all the love and support. I've also been receiving so many kind messages on the Australian Team websites fan wall. http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/fan-zone/fan-zone/fan-wall Big thanks to everyone from my old high school, Dromana Secondary College, who took over that page for a day. I was so stoked to read all the well wishes.

Stay tuned for more :)


Part of the athletes mountain village
You can't miss the Aussies
Local security
Some of the goodies waiting for me
Jump one on the super sized Slope course
Up top at Rosa Khutor
Amazing terrain and beautiful 360 degree views

No comments:

Post a Comment